CLASS VI, IX AND XIFOR ACADEMIC SESSION 2012-13
1. Rashtriya Military Schools located at Chail (Himachal Pradesh), Ajmer (Rajasthan), Belgaum (Karnataka),Bangalore (Karnataka) and Dholpur (Rajasthan) invite applications for admission to class VI.
aegis of Ministry of Defence.
appear for interview at respective Rashtriya Military Schools. Final merit list will be prepared after the
Interview. Results will be hosted on Army Intranet Home Page under the heading ‘What is new’, on
MT Directorate Home page under the heading ‘Result’ and also on http://www.indianarmy.nic.in/
5. Application Forms: Prospectus and Application forms can be obtained from any of the Rashtriya Military
Schools by paying Rs 250/- (Rs.125/- in case of SC/ ST). Applicants to forward self addressed envelop of
size 31 cm x 25 cm affixed with Rs.50/- stamps for Prospectus and application form along with Demand
Draft for the amount payable at respective Rashtriya Military School ( in favour of “Principal, Rashtriya Military School”).
Last Date for submission of filled in application form is 10 Sep 2011.
(a) Age: Only boys between 10 to 12 years as on 01 Jul 2012 are eligible. Six months relaxation in upper
age limit is permissible for the wards of personnel killed in action.
(b) Education: Should have passed class Vth from a govt/recognised school before the date of
admission to a Rashtriya Military School. However, a student studying in class Vth is eligible to appear
in the entrance test.
(c) Medical: Selected candidates will have to undergo medical exam at the Command/Zonal and other
Military Hospitals as nominated by the Director General of Medical Services prior to admission
and only those found medically fit will be offered admission.
7. Reservation of Vacancies (of total strength of Rashtriya Military Schools)
(a) 67% for wards of JCOs and ORs Other Ranks of Army, Navy and AF (including ex servicemen).
(b) 20% for wards of officers of Army, Navy and AF (including retired officers).
(c) 13% for wards of civilians.
(d) 50 seats are reserved for wards of service personnel Killed in Action.
Note : - 15% and 7.5% seats are reserved for SC and ST in all categories.
8. Lateral Admission in Class IX and XI: Admission in class IX and XI is done based on vacancies available in each Rashtriya Military School. A written exam for class IX admission will be held on 25 Dec 2011 (Sunday) in subjects of English, Hindi, Social Science, Mathematics and Science. Admission to class XI is based on class X Exam results. Candidates desirous of seeking admission in class IX & XI may contact the Principals of Rashtriya Military Schools for detailed information on the subject.
9. Eligibility for Class IX & XI:
(a) Age: Only boys between 13 to 15 years of age for class IX and boys between 15 to 17 years of age for
class XI as on 01 Jul 2012 are eligible for admission.
(b) Medical: Selected candidates who are found medically fit at the nominated Command/Zonal and other Military Hospitals will be offered admission.
(c) Reservation for SC & ST: As per government policy.
10. Contact Details:
(a) Rashtriya Military School Chail (Shimla Hills) Himachal Pradesh -173217 01792 - 248326
(b) Rashtriya Military School Ajmer (Rajasthan) -305001. 0145 - 2624105
(c) Rashtriya Military School Belgaum (Karnataka) -590009, 0831 - 2406912
(d) Rashtriya Military School PB-25040, Museum Road PO, Bangalore,(Karnataka) -560025
080 - 25554972
(e) Rashtriya Military School Dholpur (Rajasthan) - 328028, 05642 - 220749
For details of advertisement, please visit : http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10601_12_1112b.pdf