Melarannoor Road, Thycaud P.O., Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
Affiliated to University of Kerala
Applications are invited by Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Melarannoor Road, Thycaud P.O., Trivandrum, from Postgraduates in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences for PhD program of January 2012, currently affiliated to University of Kerala.
Eligibility:1. Post graduation in Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences and medicine graduates.
2. Applicants must have a consistently First class academic track record (no less than 60% aggregates) and a valid research fellowship from UGC, CSIR, ICMR and DBT or eligibility to apply for INSPIRE. Candidates with other fellowships are advised to contact the Dean to confirm eligibility.
3. Candidates awaiting final exam results can also apply. However only those candidates with a valid pass certificate will be allowed to appear for the selection interview.
4. Research Fellows working in an externally funded project in RGCB are eligible to apply.
Guidelies for the Phd Registration and Research:
a. RGCB Guidelines
1. Students who successfully pass the course work and obtain the certificates will only be eligible for activation of research fellowships and PhD registration currently with the University of Kerala ((www.keralauniversity.ac.in )
2. Students are expected to submit the thesis before completion of the fellowship tenure. The maximum period of studentship at RGCB will not exceed five years from the date of registration.
3. Students not completing their PhD within the stipulated period will also lose the right to continue staying in institute accommodation.
4. The students need to have peer reviewed publications as first author with a total impact factor not less than 3
5. The work of the student is subject to periodic review.
b. Guidelines of Kerala University
1. The student will have to present a PhD dissertation proposal to the Kerala University doctoral committee when called for by the University
2. University of Kerala has initiated mandatory coursework along UGC norms and all students will have to qualify the exams.
3. The students will also have to comply with any rules or modifications that the University of Kerala will bring about from time to time (www.keralauniversity.ac.in )
Application Forms:Application forms can be downloaded from the link:
Applicants must enclose a crossed demand draft of Rs. 500 (Five hundred only) as processing fee in favour of Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram 695014. Applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe are exempted from payment.
List of Enclosures to be attached (Essential)
1. Proof of Date of Birth
2. Proof of having Qualified CSIR / UGC / ICMR / DBT / KSCSTE Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/Eligibility for INSPIRE [In cases of non-receipt of certificates, attach a photocopy of Hall Ticket and published results indicating your roll number]
3. Proof Of Belonging To Sc/St [ If Applicable ]
External Candidates with Fellowships:
Last date for receipt of applications: October 31, 2011
Date of Intimation by email: November 4, 2011
Interview, Short-listing, Student-Faculty interaction and selection: November 28 to December 2, 2011
Date of Joining: January 2012
Internal candidates working in Projects:
Last date for receipt of applications with recommendations by the selection committee: November 28, 2011
Selection Decision: December 10, 2011
Date of Joining: January 2012
For details, logon to the link: http://www.rgcb.res.in/phd-admission-January2012.shtml