OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS
HOUSING BOARD BUILDINGS, SANTHINAGAR, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM- 695001
N O T I F I C A T I O N
No. CEE/2270/MDS/2012/TA IV
POST-GRADUATE COURSES IN DENTAL SURGERY (MASTER OF DENTAL SURGERY) - 2012
Applications are invited for the Entrance Examination for admission to Post Graduate Courses in Dental Surgery (MDS) - 2012. Candidates have to apply online. The Entrance Examination will be conducted on 19.02.2012 (Sunday) at Thiruvananthapuram.
Time Table 17.12.2011
The Entrance Examination for admission to Post Graduate Courses in Dental Surgery (MDS), Kerala for the year 2012, will be conducted on 19.02.2012 (Sunday) at Thiruvananthapuram. -- Notification [Click here]
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR ADMISSION TO POST GRADUATE
COURSES IN DENTAL SURGERY (MDS), KERALA – 2012
1. Applications are invited for the Entrance Examination for admission to MDS courses for the year 2012 in the Government Dental Colleges at Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam and Kozhikode and self financing colleges which have agreed for seat sharing with Government.
2. Eligibility for Admission:
(i) Nativity: Applicant should have satisfied any of the following conditions.
(a) Indian citizen of Kerala Origin.
(b) Have passed the BDS Degree from any of the Dental Colleges in Kerala.
(ii) Academic Qualifications: BDS Degree from any of the Universities in Kerala or of any other University recognized by any of the Universities in Kerala as equivalent thereto with eligibility for full registration in respect of all courses. Applicants who will complete one year Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship on or before 15.04.2012 are eligible to apply for the Entrance Examination, subject to the condition that the admission will be given only after obtaining registration of Kerala Dental Council.
(iii) Age: Upper age limit for General Merit Candidates shall be 45 years and that for service candidates is 47 years as on 30.04.2012.
3. Entrance Examination: All Candidates seeking admission to MDS Courses will have to qualify by securing a minimum of 50% marks (40% marks for SC / ST/ SEBC candidates) in the Entrance Examination to be conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE). The Entrance Examination will be conducted on 19-02-2012 (Sunday) at Thiruvananthapuram. The Entrance Examination will consist of one paper of three hours duration and having 200 objective type (multiple choice) questions.
4. Application Form & Application Fees: All candidates seeking admission to the course shall apply online through the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in from 10-01-2012 (Tuesday) onwards. Prospectus also can be downloaded from this website. Separate applications have to be submitted by General Quota and Service Quota candidates. The application forms and Prospectus will not be available from the colleges or from the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. Candidate should take a printout of the online application submitted, put the signature wherever necessary and should affix a photograph self
attested by the candidate.
The application fee is Rs.1000/- for General Quota only and Rs.1000/- for Service Quota only. Candidate applying for both General and Service Quota will have to remit Rs.2000/-. The application fee for SC / ST candidates is Rs.500/- and if applying for service quota too, Rs. 1500/-. The application fee can be remitted in any branch of State Bank of Travancore using the Bank Chalan available with the printout of the application submitted online. Candidates outside Kerala can remit the required fee by way of Demand Draft drawn from any nationalized bank in favour of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Thiruvananthapuram, payable at Thiruvananthapuram. The application fee once remitted will not be refunded on any account.
5. Last Date and Time for Submission of Applications: All candidates including service candidates who seek admission under General / Service Quota should forward the print out of the application submitted online along with all the required documents mentioned in clause X (C) of the Prospectus and Bank Chalan [or DD] to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Housing Board Buildings, Santhinagar, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 001, either by Registered post / Speed post / Hand delivery so as to reach him before 5 pm on
However, the service candidates seeking admission under Service Quota should forward a copy of the application along with all required documents mentioned in clause X (C) of the Prospectus to the Controlling Officer concerned (DME / DHS / DIMS ) so as to reach them before 5 pm on 21-01-2012 (Saturday).
6. Late applications including those brought after 5 pm on 21-01-2012 will not be accepted.
The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations will not be responsible for any postal delay.
Incomplete, defective and wrongly addressed applications will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be undertaken in this regard.
7. Issue of Admit Cards: The Admit Cards for all the candidates appearing for the Entrance Examination will be available online in the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in from 12.02.2012 onwards. The candidates may take the printout of the Admit Card which can be used for identification of the candidate in the examination hall.
8. The candidates must note that they have to obtain the required certificates in the body of the application form itself, wherever specified. The certificates that are attached separately along with the application form will not be considered. Candidates will neither be allowed to include any information in the application form nor to submit any certificates / documents claiming reservation or any other benefits, after the submission of the application, under any circumstances.
9. The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations will conduct the Entrance Examination, prepare and publish the rank list of candidates who qualify in the Entrance Examination and forward the list to the Director of Medical Education (DME). The CEE will also prepare a separate list of Service candidates who qualify in the Entrance Examination and forward the same to the DME.
10. The Selection, admission and allotment of seats including those under Service Quota will be made by the DME, based on various provisions laid down in the Prospectus for admission to M.D.S – 2012 approved by the Government of Kerala. Candidates may go through the various provisions of the prospectus available in the website www.ceee.kerala.gov.in before submitting the application forms