Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for the award of Ms. Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship (only one fellowship) which the Government of the India Instituted at St. Antony’s College, Oxford (UK). The Fellowship is tenable for one year in the first instance, which can be extended by one year more on the basis of performance of the candidate. The fellowship carries an amount of £ 27,603/- per annum.
DETAILS OF FELLOWSHIP:
(1) The candidate is eligible for Economy Class air passage (both ways). Only spouse of the selected candidate will be provided Economy Class Air-fare provided he/she stays in UK with the scholar for a continuous period of one year. (As the fellowship amount is sufficient for only one person, the candidate will have to meet the expenditure on maintenance of spouse).
(2) The Fellowship is meant for scholars who have specialized in Modern Indian Studies in the subject fields of History, Economics and Political Science. Candidates should have uniformly brilliant academic record with 60% (at least) in Post graduation and a PhD degree in the subject-field chosen or published works of equivalent merit, which have received outstanding recognition. Where only grades are awarded, the candidates are required to furnish exact percentage of marks and also indicate the conversion formula. The candidates applying for the Fellowship should keep in mind that this Fellowship is intended to be for a young scholar, who is bent on pursuing an academic career and whose status would be comparable to that of a Junior Research Fellow at the University of Oxford.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years teaching experience at Graduate / Postgraduate level after completing PhD as on 24.02.2012.
AGE: Candidate should be between the age of 30 to 40 years, as on 24.02.2012.
(3) Candidates should apply for the above Fellowship on plain paper in the prescribed proforma given in the website with one recent passport size photograph furnishing the requisite details / particulars to the Section Officer (ES.4 Section), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, West Block-1, Wing-6, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110 066 by 24.02.2012 (Friday at 5:30 PM) The application received after the last date, will not be entertained.
(4) Mere fulfilment of Minimum requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for interview. Interview letters are sent only to a limited number of candidates after their applications are scrutinized by the Committee.
(5) Applications must be accompanied by attested copies of all Certificates regarding date of birth, qualification, mark-sheets in respect of all the Examinations passed along with experience certificate of Employment and one copy of recently taken passport size photograph, with signature, to be pasted on the application form.
(6) Equivalent foreign degrees and diplomas are acceptable but the proof of equivalence should be furnished (Certified by the Competent Authority).
(7) Candidates who have already been abroad for studies/ training/ specialization either on Scholarship or on their own for a period exceeding 6 months are eligible to apply provided they have been in India for at least 3 consecutive years after returning from abroad. Candidates residing abroad are not eligible.
(8) While indicating the period of past experience and stay abroad, candidates should mention the specific dates.
(9) The candidate must have completed tertiary Education in English Medium only.
(10) As the Fellowship is administered in UK, the applications should be submitted in English only.
(11) Applications in subject fields other than those specified in para-2 above will not be considered. Candidates who do not possess the requisite qualifications need not apply.
(12) Candidates must furnish a clear and precise programme of study / research (minimum 300 words) justifying that their study / research can be carried out in the United Kingdom. Candidates are advised to describe their research proposals carefully as these will be a primary condition in selection.
(13) Incomplete applications and applications received after the stipulated date i.e. 24.02.2012 (Friday at 5:30 PM) will not be considered and no correspondence will be entertained. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
(14) Documents submitted along with the application will not be returned. Hence, the candidates are advised to send only attested copies of the certificates.
(15) The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final. No representations in this connection will be entertained.
For further details, visit: http://www.education.nic.in/secondary.htm