V. L. Mehta Road, JVPD Scheme, Vile Parle ( West), Mumbai – 400 056
Ph.D Admissions 2012
School of Business Management, SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai has invited applications for admission to Ph.D programmes of the Academic Year 2012 in the following specialisations:
Marketing, Human Resources and Behavioural Science, Operations, Finance, Strategy, Information Systems, General Management and Social Entrepreneurship.Eligibility:
• Candidates with requisite qualifications may be drawn from any of the streams listed below:
Full Time MBA or Full Time PGDM or Part Time MBA (duration of the Program in case of FT MBA & PGDM should not be less than 24 months) or notified by AIU as equivalent to MBA of an University or Masters Degree in any relevant discipline like Commerce / Economics / Statistics / Psychology / Sociology / IT / Engineering etc, or professional qualifications like CA/CS/CWA, etc.
MBA through Distance or correspondence mode will not be eligible to apply.
• Minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination
• With at least 5 years full time work experience in executive or supervisory capacity (out of which atleast 2 years work experience should be after obtaining Masters degree)
• The candidates who wish to attend the Ph.D Programme Full Time are exempted from the requirement of work experience.
• The experience should be full time experience and will NOT include part time experience, internships, projects, etc.
• The Ph.D Program at NMIMS will be offered in three parts: (i) Course Work ii) Research Component (iii) Thesis
• Selected candidates will have to undergo prescribed courses. Exam will be conducted at the end of course work and candidate has to obtain 60% in each of the courses to register for Ph.D
• Course Work will include tools & substantive knowledge
All candidates will be required to go through a three-stage selection process:
• Candidates have to send application fees through Demand Draft for the programme, along with a two-page 'Statement of Purpose'. Statement of Purpose should briefly describe the area of research interest.
• All candidates will be required to appear for a written Research Aptitude Test.
• Candidates short-listed after the written test will be invited to make a presentation to a team of experts, based on their 'Statement of Purpose'. The presentation will be followed by an interview.
Online Registration: Candidates who have registered online at: http://nmims.edu/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/PhD_Adm_Form.zip have to forward Demand draft of Rs. 2000 (non refundable) in favour of SVKM’s NMIMS payable at Mumbai to Deputy Registrar (Admission), SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, V. L. Mehta Road, JVPD Scheme, Vile Parle ( West), Mumbai – 400 056 along with the below mentioned documents.
1. Graduation Marksheet & Degree Certificate (Convocation certificate)
2. Post Graduation Marksheet & Degree Certificate (Convocation certificate)
3. Work Experience certificate (5 years experience) (if applicable)
4. Statement of Purpose ( 2 Formats available on website. Candidate can choose any one format)
(If the work experience certificate is in more than one company a separate work experience certificate signed by the employer stating clearly the nature of work experience is to be submitted.
Last date for online registration: 5th March, 2012 (Monday)
For details, visit the website: http://nmims.edu